Privacy & Security
Your privacy is an important part of the services and products we provide. This Privacy Notice outlines how Maybank ATR Kim Eng (MATRKE) collects, uses, maintains and discloses your personal data in respect of commercial transactions and how MATRKE safeguards personal data, as well as contents and processes which may be made available through our online and/or mobile applications, including social media sites or pages.
“MATRKE”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”, in this Privacy Notice, refers to Maybank ATR Kim Eng Capital Partners, Inc. and Maybank ATR Kim Eng Securities, Inc., including Maybank Group, its branches and/or affiliates, as may be appropriate, or as the context may require, any of them. The privacy practices described in this Privacy Notice, in compliance with the provisions of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173) and its implementing rules and guidelines, are primarily intended for Philippine persons and residents. When accessing our websites and/or availing of our services from outside the Philippines, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be processed, transferred or maintained in accordance to privacy rules and standards that may differ from your home country’s jurisdiction or from that where you have accessed our sites or availed of our services.
Your consent is important
When you request information or sign up for our products and services or when you enter into any commercial transactions with MATRKE, you may be required to provide, as we are bound by policy or rules to collect, your personal data. In doing so, you consent to its use by MATRKE in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Your personal data may have otherwise been provided by a third party (for example your spouse, a company in which you are a director, an officer or a shareholder, or a partnership in which you are a partner) for products or services that these third parties have sought from MATRKE. In this context, the term “you” or “your” in this Privacy Notice extends to any individual whose personal data has been provided to MATRKE and/or has been collected in other circumstances as described in this Privacy Notice.
Please note that failure to supply certain information, as may be required by regulations or policy, or by disallowing us to process, profile and/or to share your personal information, where appropriate, may result in our being unable to provide or maintain the services you require.
Types of data we may collect
When availing of our products and services, we may collect your personal information/data, which refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of MATRKE, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about the individual.
Personal information/data includes the following:
- Personal contact information, such as name, gender, marital status, residence or office address, email address, birthdate, telephone/mobile phone number, nationality or citizenship
- Proof of identification as may be required under existing rules and/or Maybank policy, such as driver’s license, passport, official professional/regulatory membership cards and other similar acceptable documents
- Profession, job, occupation, business or trade interests/assets, employment details
- Account/financial information, source of funds, expenses, investments, tax, insurance or other financial history
- Specimen signatures
- Voice recordings and images observed or obtained by MATRKE on account of your dealings or visit to MATRKE, or upon your use of any MATRKE facility
If you apply for certain products for which we will require you to disclose sensitive personal data, we will ask for your consent prior to use and/or release. We will only use your sensitive personal data to provide the service(s) you signed up for.
We may also collect, use and keep your personal opinions or comments made known to us via feedback or responses to surveys or any other interaction that you had with our employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers.
The personal data we collect can be either obligatory or voluntary. Obligatory personal data are those that we require in order to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with obligatory personal data, we would not be able to provide you with our products and services. Voluntary personal data are those that are not mandatory in order for us to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with voluntary personal data, you can still sign up for our products and services. Obligatory and voluntary personal data differ for each products and services and will be indicated in the application forms.
You have the choice, at any time, not to provide your personal data/sensitive personal data or to revoke your consent to MATRKE in processing your personal data/sensitive personal data. However, failure to provide such personal data/sensitive personal data or revocation of your consent to process personal data/sensitive personal data provided may result in MATRKE, or Maybank Group in general, being unable to provide you with effective and continuous products and services.
How we collect your personal data
We obtain your personal data in various ways:
- When you sign up for or use one of the many services we provide or when you register an account at MATRKE or any of Maybank Group websites.
- When you contact the Maybank Group through various methods such as application forms, emails and letters, telephone calls and conversations you have with our staff in a branch. If you contact us or we contact you using telephone, we may monitor or record the phone call for quality assurance, training and security purposes.
- From our analysis of your transactions (e.g. payment history, loan, or deposit balances, credit or debit card purchases).
- We may also obtain your personal data when you participate in customer surveys or when you sign up for any of our competitions or promotions.
- When we obtain any data and information from third parties (e.g. credit reference agencies, regulatory and enforcement agencies, employers, joint account holders, guarantors, legal representatives, spouses, parents, guardians, dependents and/or companies/partnership that you hold directorships, shareholdings or partnership in).
- When you enter into any commercial transactions with the Maybank Group including but not limited to you providing goods and/or services or your professional services;
- From publicly available sources.
When you visit our website, your IP address is automatically logged in our server. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you sign up with an Internet Service Provider. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. From your IP address, we may identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing our website. Generally we do not link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you unless it is required by law and regulation.
Purpose of processing your personal data
We may process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To assess your application for any of our products and services.
- To verify your financial standing through credit reference checks.
- To manage and maintain your account and facility.
- To evaluate your financial needs and to continue performing the contractual obligations entered into between you and MATRKE
- To respond to your enquiries and complaints and to resolve disputes.
- For internal functions such as evaluating the effectiveness of marketing, market research, statistical analysis and modelling, reporting, audit and risk management and to prevent fraud.
From time to time, we may share your personal data with other entities within Maybank Group, our agents or strategic partners and other third parties (“other entities”) as Maybank Group deems fit and you may receive marketing communication from us or from these other entities about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications, please notify us to withdraw your consent and we will stop processing and sharing your personal data with these other entities for the purpose of sending you marketing communications.
You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication, you may contact us using the contact details found below. Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to fourteen (14) working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the accounts, facilities or services that you hold or have subscribed to with us.
Use of your personal data
In availing of our products and services, and in the delivery thereof, we may use the information collected to:
- Facilitate, approve and process applications and transactions
- Respond to queries, requests and complaints
- Comply with applicable laws of the Philippines and those of other jurisdictions including the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the laws and regulations on the prevention of money laundering (Republic Act No. 9160 or the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended), as well as applicable policies and guidelines on customer screening
- Send you statements, billings, notices and other documents
- Conduct of studies and researches
- Reviewing, developing and improving our products and services, and to determine their effectiveness
- Perform profile analysis, behavioral modeling and analytics for purposes of understanding customer preferences and needs, as well as to understand market trends in order to improve and recommend suitable products and services
- To communicate with customers regarding updates on products and services, including offers, promotions, discounts and/or rewards
- To provide location-based services such as finding our office/s or branches
- Perform appropriate safeguards against fraud or on the improper use of our products and services, as well as for investigation and/or prosecution
- In order to comply with our company or regulatory requirements, or with policies, guidelines or orders of regulators, judicial and/or other supervisory bodies/agencies or authorities
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as submission of data to credit bureaus, credit information companies, the Credit Information Corporation (CIC)
- Perform such activities required or permitted by law and/or upon your consent
We keep your personal data confidential. However, in order to provide you with effective and continuous products and services and to comply with any legal and regulatory requirements, we may need to disclose your personal data to:
- Our agents and service providers with whom we have contractual agreements for some of our functions, services and activities
- Other entities within Maybank Group
- Our merchants and strategic partners
- Parties authorized by you
- Enforcement, regulatory and governmental agencies as permitted or required by law, authorized by any order of court or to meet obligations to regulatory authorities
Protection of your data
The security of your personal data is our priority. We take all physical, technical and organizational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data. If we disclose any of your personal data to our authorized agents or service providers, we will require them to appropriately safeguard the personal data provided to them.
Retention of your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements, and shall remain in effect until such time that it is no longer required or necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purpose. Thereafter, information shall be destroyed, deleted or otherwise expunged pursuant to our existing Media Disposal Policy and other related policies and procedures.
Accessing/correcting/updating your personal data
We are committed to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. If there are any changes to your personal data or if you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, please contact us so that we may take the appropriate steps to update your personal data.
You have the right to access your personal data. If you would like to request access to your personal data, please contact us. Please note that depending on the information requested, we may charge a small fee. We may also take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request for access to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Access your personal data
- Be informed whether personal data is being or has been processed
- Object to the processing of personal data in case of changes or amendments to personal data supplied by you
- Suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our system, provided that should you exercise this right, we reserve the right to terminate the appropriate services specially where such service or product requires the personal data removed, blocked or expunged
- Require us to update, or to correct/modify, as may be necessary, any of your personal data that you may deem as outdated or inaccurate, as the case may be
- Decline marketing materials, excepting those materials which is found or displayed in our websites
- Decline/object to the sharing of your information with subsidiaries and affiliates or with other companies we have business with, provided that such information is not critical or required by law, regulations or policies in the maintenance of the services or products you availed with us
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Please note that we may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by posting a notice of such changes on our website or by sending you a notification directly. Do periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed on how we are protecting your information.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in June 2018.
If you need to contact us, you may visit any of our branches (Makati, Cebu & Davao). You can also call our Customer Care hotline at 1-300 88 6688 or +603-7844 3696 (overseas), or visit our website at www.maybank.com. For corporate customers, you may directly contact your relationship manager.
In case there are inconsistencies on how we collect or use your personal data between this Privacy Notice and the terms and conditions of your specific product or service or other contractual documents, the terms and conditions of your specific product or service or other contractual documents shall prevail.
If you have provided us with personal data of a third party, please ensure that you have obtained the third party’s consent in relation to the processing and disclosure of their personal data and that this Privacy Notice is brought to the attention of any such third party.
MATRKE is a part of the Maybank Group. For a preview of Maybank Group (Investment Bank) Privacy Notice, please click- http://www.maybank2u.com.my/Investment-bank/en/privacy-notice.page
How to Contact Us
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
17th Floor, Tower One and Exchange Plaza
Ayala Triangle, Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1226
Telephone: (+632) 849 8988
Facsimile: (+632) 848 5640